Sunday, March 11, 2012

Those Things of Worth Unmeasured

I haven't been writing or been in the bloggy land much recently, so though most of my poems lay hidden away in there various places, I thought I'd post this one so you'd know I'm still alive! :) I'll get to writing again, hopefully soon. :)

It isn't the things that you do, 
It's the things that you've left undone.
The tender words unspoken,
The silken threads of love un-spun.

The helping hand and smile not lent,
The weary destitute not cheered,
The quiet hours on knees unspent,
for so you had no time, you feared.

It isn't the things you do,
But 'tis those things you've left undone,
That will give you pain and heartache,
at the setting of the sun.

Oh leave you not undone in life
Those things of worth unmeasured.
Reach out and touch, and give of 
Your time, for that is what's treasured.

In service there is joy;
In contentment there is fulfillment. 
So leave you not undone in life,
Those things of worth unmeasured.

~2011



1 comment:

  1. Challenging and beautiful poem, Lyssie!
    "In service there is joy;
    In contentment there is fulfillment."
    I especially like these lines - they are so true!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...