Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sometimes my heart burns within me...

I read your blogs, your posts, your conversations. I read your testimonies about the love, the forgiveness, and the Grace of God. I read about what Jesus has done for you. I read about your daily life, about projects and activities etc... It's all good; I enjoy it all and I love to share those things myself but sometimes my heart burns within me for something more and I feel burdened to speak!

I'm afraid many of us have become lukewarm in our beliefs and interactions with each other. I fear that the truth, and doctrines have been placed on the back burner as mere opinions, considered not salvational and unworthy of our time to discuss. I've heard so many times these thoughts expressed "It's all about the gospel - Jesus dying for our sins and forgiving us. That's what we need to be sharing with others and talking about. That's all that matters." It's true, we need to share what Jesus has done for the sinner but friends, we must share truth too and talk about it. If there was no law, if God had no right or wrong, than what have we to repent of and what are we being saved from?

God is a God of truth.
“He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.” (Deuteronomy 32:4)

We are sanctified by the truth.
“Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.” (John 17:17)

The truth will make us free.
“And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” (John 8:32)

Time to awake!
“And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.” (Romans 13:11)

Friends, it is time to awake out of slumber to truth! It's time to fall on our knees in prayer, put our thinking caps on, open our Bible and start studying for ourselves and on our own but also with eachother. We need to be willing to do the will of God, but we need to know what the will of God is, to do it! We need to be un-afraid to step on toes and we as Christians should be able to study and communicate together in a kind Christian way with prayerful hearts and open minds, all issues and all doctrines and come away whether we agree or disagree still loving eachother.

Friends, God does have a law, God does have opinions and God does have a will, a truth for us, and ALL truth is important!

“My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.” (Hosea 4:6)

People are dying for lack of the truth, for a forgetting of the law of God and a lukewarmness that God doesn't care what we believe! People are dying for believing that God loves too much to be just!


Faith without works is dead, just as much as works without faith is dead.


Oh Friends, it's time to wake up! It's time to study. It's time to speak.

If you see posts that aren't all flowery and that speak on issues we may not all have in common, it's because my heart burns within me.

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this Elyssa... This is a much needed reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, Lyssie. Truth is so important. Thanks for this post.. as I've been thinking about this too. <3 U!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...