Saturday, June 25, 2011

"Daddy, I can't see you!"

One night a house caught fire and a young boy was forced to flee to the roof. Below, the father stood on the ground with outstreched arms calling to his son "Jump! I'll catch you!" He knew the boy had to jump to save his life. All the boy could see, however, was flame, smoke and blackness. As can be imagined, he was afraid to leave the roof. His father kept calling "Jump! I'll catch you!" but the boy protested, "Daddy, I can't see you!" The father replied "But I can see you, and that is all that matters!"

There are times that perhaps we can't see God, we can't feel God, we can't hear God; but He sees us, He knows us, He hears us, He is there. And dear friends, that is all that matters! We can believe and we must believe! Our unbelief could cost us our life! God is too good to betray our trust, will you have faith in Him?


“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” (Hebrews 11:1)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how often have I done this... And how desperate it must make our Heavenly Father.

    Thank you for the reminder, Elyssa. I really needed it today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, how it must make God desperate when we don't trust Him! :-(

    You are welcome Araya. Praise God! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...