Sunday, May 8, 2011

Appreciating the Sunshine

Most days around here are sunny and warm. Even though we are on the verge of winter. And that is the way I like it best. It means we'll have plenty of solar to do washing and it'll dry quicker on the line. And a sunny day to me, is a perfectly beautiful one.
But today was different. The sun didn't come beaming over the hilltop this morning. It did really, but it didn't penetrate the clouds. Great...
"Why did God let days be overcast if it isn't going to rain?" I asked Mum.
Maybe... "maybe it's so we'll appreciate more the sunny ones," I thought through aloud.
"Maybe that's why," she smiled.

Having a trial and coming through to the sunshine.... it makes me appreciate the warmth so much more.

And I'm grateful that those days when Mama-dear had hard times raising us, she kept on through the trials, for the sunny and warm times. Happy mother's day, today and always. You've done so much for each us of us - I love you, Mama.

I can't wait for the day of Sonshine and joy forevermore.

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! :-)

    I can't wait for the day of Sunshine forevermore as well! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...