Thursday, March 3, 2011

Reading Challenge 2011: March Update

Wow, it's hard to believe it's been two months since I wrote about the reading challenge! I suppose it's about time for an update.

I have mainly been trying to finish some books that I started reading in 2010 so I haven't gotten much more than one new book read this year. Not to say I haven't been reading a lot, because I have but just not necessarily books.

I read one book called "The Family Nobody Wanted" by Helen Doss. It is about a ministers family who could not have children but who adopted in the early 1900's. They adopted children who were considered un-adoptable because they were of mixed race. It was really interesting and one of those types of books that is hard to put down! :-)

Last week, I finished two books that I started reading in 2010 and put those away and then I tried to pick one or two out of 6 books that I wanted to read but I really couldn't decided so I put only one back and decided to read some from all of those books. So anyhow, if you look at the picture to the right, that is what my nightstand looks like currently. I guess I have quite the book addiction, don't I? Ahh.... But I just could not choose which book seemed more important to read first!

My current list of books I'm reading:

The Third Angels Message 1893 - by A.T. Jones
History of the Sabbath - by J. N. Andrews
The Story of the Seer of Patmos - by Stephen N. Haskell (And for those who don't know, this is no witch book!!! It is a book on John and Revelation)
Bible Adventism - by James White
That I May Know Him - by Ellen G. White
Testimonies for the Church Volume 3 - by Ellen G. White
The Elements of Style - by William Strunk Jr. and E. B. White (This is referring to the elements of style in writing)
The Life of Washington - by Anna C. Reed

And of course the Bible. :-)

I will probably be working on all those books for a couple months at least. So Anyhow, that is my 2011 Reading Challenge update. :-) Oh, and my goal is to read as many books as I can and still understand and be blessed by them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...