Monday, January 24, 2011

All That Really Matters...

Sometimes, I have a tendency to look at people and compare myself to them. I see their amazing talents and abilities in so many things and I look at myself and feel I have not an ounce of what they have. Sometimes, I get discouraged because I feel so insignificant, so useless, and so untalented compared to everyone else. However, I realized something, something special.

I may not play the piano, violin or any other instrument as beautifully as musicians. I may not be able cook just as well as chefs. I may not be able to capture memories in photos or film as amazingly as photographers and/or videographers(if that is a word). I may not write as eloquently as others. I may not be so free and talkative, and outgoing as most are. I may not be as good in a lot of things, if not all things as everyone else is, but I realized, that is ok!

I don't have to be like other people, I don't have to be the best and neither do I have to be even be among the top-notch talented people. I don't need to compare myself with them, for I am not them! Even if I were to try to be just like them, I never would be, because God made us all different! He gave us each different abilities, different talents, and different personalities. We are each unique.

Jesus is really our only perfect example and He is the only one we should be like. As long as I strive for perfection in every aspect, as long as I am faithful in that which is least, and I give God always only my best, that is what counts. That is what matters. God's favor and His smile is all I must seek.

It's so simple, so sweet, so special. I don't need to compare myself to anyone else, for I can never be like them anyhow. All that matters.. Yes, all that really does matter is that I strive for perfection and faithfulness in all things, and do my very best for God. When I am fully surrender, and all I seek is the approval of His Majesty, no matter how 'untalented' I may be, that is when I can be useful and that is when I can make a difference.

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me (Philippians 4:13).

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me (2Corinthians 12:9).

I don't have to be like everyone. I don't have to be as good at everything as they are...

All that matters is that I do my best....


All that really does matter is what God thinks of me. :-) And that is beautiful, just simply beautiful to me! :-)

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Elyssa, for this post. I really needed to read it, and remember who I am living for. Not men, but God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you, sis. I can relate to this alot. I find myself wanting to be like others too, and feeling incompetent. I appreciate this reminder of what truly matters. It is beautiful. *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God, I'm thankful that it was a blessing to both of you! God is so good and I am thankful that we only have to meet His standard. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elyssa, thank you for sharing this. I have come to realize this has been my experience too, comparing myself with others,but by Gods grace it will be no more.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...