Thursday, December 30, 2010

Is It Possible?

...When the religion of Christ is most held in contempt, when His law is most despised, then should our zeal be the warmest and our courage and firmness the most unflinching. To stand in defense of truth and righteousness when the majority forsake us, to fight the battles of the Lord when champions are few--this will be our test. At this time we must gather warmth from the coldness of others, courage from their cowardice, and loyalty from their treason...
~ E.G.W (5T 136)

Is it possible?

Is it possible to gather warmth from the coldness of others, courage from their cowardice, and loyalty from their treason?

By God's grace you can, I can. It is when it's the darkest that you can see the light and in the cold that you can feel the warmth.


When you feel the most alone, dejected, unloved, uncared for by humans, it is then that God is the closest to you. He hurts with you, He holds you, He comforts you, He understands you, He strengthens you, He protects you, and greatest of all He LOVES YOU!


As I look back over some of the circumstances of my life, from the time I was born till now I am awed to see that every time God was there for me. Recently, when I felt alone in my convictions, He sent someone to encourage me in a quiet, unspoken way. Only God knows how much it blessed me and how much it encouraged me and it was only He who would have planned that. Over and over again, in little things as well as large things I have seen God's hand and God's love and care in ways I imagined and in ways I never dreamed. There have been so many times, so many circumstances especially in the last several months that have showed me that yes, it is possible to gather warmth from the coldness of others, courage from their cowardice, and loyalty from their treason.

God is a friend that I do not want to lose.


I am decided. He is the One I want to love, He is the One I want to serve, He is the Friend I want to have, He is the One I want to stand up for, He is the One I want to be willing to die for. Why? Because He first loved me.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Lyssie it's true! God is so amazing. It makes no human sense too, gathering warmth from coldness.... only God could do that.
    This post is touching. I know you must be feeling.
    I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...