Friday, November 5, 2010

Matchless Love

I may not understand or be able to empathize with you in your trials and you may not be able to do that for me but there is one who can.

“He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.” (Isaiah 53:3-5)

Those verses really spoke to my heart this evening, not only because it tells me that Jesus understands me and can empathize with me in my trials when no one else can, but oh the matchless love! It cuts my heart to think that it was my sins that He had to go through so much and it breaks my heart to think of the times when I have hid my face from Him, despised His will for me, doubted Him and wounded Him. Oh! How could I have done it? How could I have been so cruel to someone who only has showed me love?!

Thinking about the matchless love of Jesus and what He went through for me, has touched my heart and put things in perspective. I want the sufferings and love of Jesus to be forever ingrained in my heart that I will ever only desire to please and serve Him and in a tiny way repay Him for what He has done. I want to be His now and for eternity, do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...