Friday, October 29, 2010

Why I 'love' Friday!

After a long busy day... All is clean

Things have been picked up and placed where they be long


The clean fresh clothes have been folded and put away.


The cabinets seem to shine a little more.


The floor seems to sparkle a bit.


It is now I can file away all my to-do-lists in the "to take care of later" folder of my mind, the worries and cares of every day life can be put away for later too. But it is now that I can relax.


It is a time I can play and sing my heart out.





It is a time I can curl up with a book or my computer to read or to write.




It is a time to pray and to talk to my God and heavenly Father.


It is a time to meditate and ponder the wonderful things of God and what He has done for me...





And so much more!

This is why I love Friday evenings! I love the opening hours of the Sabbath and I am so thankful that God set a special time in the week - the Sabbath, for us. It is such a blessed time to rejuvenate physically, mentally and spiritually. I am so thankful for it!

I hope you enjoy the Sabbath hours as much as I do!

1 comment:

  1. I love it, Lyss! I often get caught up in the all the things I haven't gotten done, and forget to put it in that 'for later' list. It really honed it in, that Preparation Day, is a prelude to a big blessing. And it too... finishes as a good day. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...