Friday, October 22, 2010

Complete Dedication

"How much has Christ given for you? How much has Jesus held back from you in the plan of Salvation?..." The pastor asked in earnest tones. "Nothing", I answered silently as the weight of it's reality sank deeper and deeper into my soul. Really, God held back nothing for our salvation and neither did His Son, Jesus Christ! God gave all that He could possibly give and Jesus was willing to give His all and endure anything for us too, even if it cost not only his earthly life, but eternal life also. Oh, the depth of love no mortal can fully comprehend!

The pastor continued " ...Beloved, we can not take a gamble on the degree of our dedication. We must give ourselves wholly to the Lord." It is full surrender, total dedication to the Lord that will open the portals of heaven and allow us to enter and dwell with our God and Saviour forever. Are you willing? Willing to dedicate your life fully to the Lord? I entreat you to ask yourself "How much has Christ given for me? How much has Jesus held back from me in the plan of Salvation?" and then ask yourself "Am I willing and will I hold back nothing for my Saviour too?" If you haven't already committed your life to God, and surrendered your all to Him, please don't put it off. Please don't wait to make your decision for we don't know what may happen in the future. I write this as much to myself as to anyone. Oh dear friends, may it not be said of you or I, “The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saved.” (Jeremiah 8:20)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...