Thursday, May 20, 2010

Contentment


I was thinking one day about the fall of Satan. What caused his fall? I believe it was because He was discontent. He was not content with the position and the role that God had given Him even though it was the highest position God could give Him! Satan decided that God's decisions and choices were not loving, kind, good and the best. Satan began to doubt God and then became dissatisfied with the role and position He had given Him. He sought the position God holds and now we see the war that has been raged. We see the terrible affects it has brought upon our world!

Now think about what it does in our individual lives when we become discontent with the role and the place and the duties that God has given us and we began to seek after the position and role and the duties of someone else. Think about it.. Have we seen the affects of the choices others have made in regard to this? I would say "yes!" Have we seen the good where the good choices have been made and the bad where the bad choices have been made? I would say "Yes!" Have we seen the long lasting affects of those choices? Again I would say "Yes!" Do we want to be like satan? Do we want to bring misery and destruction upon ourselves and the lives of others by the choices we make to be discontent? I pray not!

God's ways are always the best! We can count on it! We can count on Him! And if you agree, don't you think we can trust God with our life and whatever role and position and duty He should place us in?

"O Lord! Help us! Help me always to make the choice to be content with the role, the duties and the position you have placed me in! Please strengthen my faith and help me always to trust you completely in and with all things."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...