Wednesday, April 14, 2010

1 Chronicles 16:29


I just wanted to share a few thoughts that I had on 1 Chronicles 16:29. I'm sure that I'll ever be learning more and my understanding of this verse will ever be expanding, but, these are just a few thoughts that I had right now. 
 
Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come before him: worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.” (1Ch 16:29)

This verse lists three things 
  • Give glory

  • Come before Him with an offering

  • Worship in the beauty of holiness


Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us, but unto thy name give glory, for thy mercy, and for thy truth’s sake.” (Ps 115:1) God has every reason to receive glory by my praise, my thanksgiving, my honor, my reverence and my love. God has done so much for me and He deserves all the glory that I can give to Him.

I believe the greatest offering I can give to God as in the words of Frances R. Havergal

Take my life, and let it be consecrated, Lord, to Thee.....
Take my will, and make it Thine; it shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own; it shall be Thy royal throne.
Take my love, my Lord, I pour at Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself, and I will be ever, only, all for Thee.”

Beauty of Holiness, as one of my favorite authors put it is christian cheerfulness and a meek and quiet spirit but also as Sean mentioned, it's purity. I think he summed it up really well. If I we are pure from the things that defile the soul, wouldn't we have a meek and quiet spirit? Wouldn't we have christian cheerfulness? Wouldn't we have love one for another and for God? Isn't purity next to holiness?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...