Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Brand New Day





Just the other morning I was looking out over the fog covered lake down in between the hills. It was getting light but the sun wasn't up just yet. The thought all of a sudden hit me, this was a brand new day! A new day to start anew. To not repeat the mistakes of before and to strive with all my heart to make the moments that pass be worth the living.

“It is of the LORD’S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.” (Leviticus 3:22-23)

This is another morning. A brand new day. I am thankful to have passed the night in safety and to have awaken. This is a new day for me to reconsecrate my life to the Lord. It is a new day to live for Him and to strive to be the best I can be and to meet the trials that may come in His strength. It is a new day to cling to the promises of God, a new day to pray, to love, to be cheerful, to live for God.

Thank you Lord for another day, for a brand new day!

1 comment:

  1. That message hit home. Thank-you Lyssie for sharing it. It brought back into my view what my focus should be. What my outlook should be like. Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...