Monday, December 28, 2009

Happy New Year!

As yet another year draws to a close and the dawn of another approaches. I wonder where the year went! It seems that the older you get, the faster the days and the years go by. Maybe it has something to do with how busy you are too...

The other day, I got out a notepad to write a 'to do list' as such things do help keep me organized better. I hadn't used that particular pad for quite a while and I noticed on the front page a 'wish list' that I had written many months ago. Maybe almost a year ago. As I read through the list, I realized that all of those wishes had become realities except for one, minor item! I thought back to when and how it came to be on paper. I had read something about bringing our wants and wishes before the Lord in prayer and so I decided that I would do just that. I wrote the list and though I prayed over it a few times and then forgot about it till just a few days ago, God didn't forget! He remembered, answered my prayer and gave me the desires of my heart even when I hardly realized what He was doing. It was very special to me to realize that God, the One who rules over all, would care about insignificant, unworthy me, so much that He would remember the wishes of my heart and make them not wishes any more but realities!

As I look back over the year, I can see over and over again God's goodness in so many ways. I am thankful for the blessings of a bed to sleep in, a house to live in, running water, food to eat and all the temporal things that many lack. I am very very thankful for religious freedom, and that I can read God's word. Every day I appreciate it more. Though I am thankful for many things, I am most thankful for God's love for us and all that it entails. I am thankful for the privilege of prayer and that God really does hear us. I really do believe He hears us when we pray for you can read about an experience I had by clicking here that was nothing short of answered prayer and a miracle. (Of course there are many other reasons I believe He answers prayer but that was one experience.)

I don't know what 2010 will hold, but I know that there is a God in heaven that I can trust and you can trust Him too! He loves you and cares about the things that you care about too so don't be afraid to bring your "wish list" to the Lord this coming year and see what God will do for you. I am! "Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass." Psalms 37:4-5

May this coming year be a good year for you. May you see God's goodness more each day and may the desires and wishes of your heart become realities according to His will. Keep pressing forward and Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. It's good to know that others feel as thankful. The little things do matter.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...