Sunday, November 22, 2009

Coincidence or Providence?

My brother was coming home to visit and he mentioned that he hoped it would snow while he was here. I hoped it would too because it would make his visit all the more special. So I prayed that if it was God's will it would snow. He got home Thursday evening and all that day it had been sunny and nice although it was cold. Friday, it started off partly cloudy but very soon it became as windy as ever! Some people even lost parts of their roofs but anyway, it started to snow! Big, beautiful flakes making almost blizzard conditions. It was amazing but another more amazing thing happened that day.

The power started to flicker and it went off a couple times for about two seconds and I thought "Oh no! I've got so much to do today before Sabbath and I hope the power doesn't go off!" and so I prayed again. Oh Father, You know all that I need to get done today, please help the power to stay on if it be Thy will. Amen. Busily I worked trying to get everything finished as soon as possible just in case the power went out. Well, our power never went out but when dad and my brother walked in the front door from being over at our neighbors place they said "What?! What's with this, we've got power here?!" I knew why we had power and I was so excited! Two of our neighbors were out of power and when they had called the power company many others in our town had already called the company telling them that they were out of power!! They didn't have power for like 3 or 4 hours at least but ours didn't go off!

Isn't God amazing? He answered my prayer that it would snow and He answered my prayer that the power would stay on and it did even though many if not everyone else lost their power in the storm.

Was this coincidence or providence? I believe it was providence.

I believe in miracles.
I believe that God worked miracles in days gone by and I believe He still does today. For He says:
“For I am the LORD, I change not;” (Malachi 3:6) If God could work mightily many years ago, He can do it today as well!

This little experience was so special and strengthened my faith so much I wanted to share it with you all!

3 comments:

  1. Providence or coincidence? I say Providence. Thanks for such a sweet story. It's good to be reminded everyday, of how much God really cares for us.
    Love u!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elyssa
    Thanks for sharing your testimonies. It is so encouraging to know that God loves us so much that He attends to our smallest prayers. The prayer of a righteous persons avails much. To be righteous we have to have the spirit of Jesus - unselfishness - the desire to live for God. Isn't it fantastic that God kept your power on through the storm so you could prepare for Sabbath in accordance with His commandments? I believe God was not the one who sent the storm which destroyed some people's houses/roofs, but that He did send snow in answer to your prayer. I prayed for snow in NSW, Australia too and little snowflakes fell. It was the first and only time I've seen snow and it was so thrilling. Thanks again for sharing. It's been encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sherl,

    It's good to make your acquaintance!

    God is so good! Isn't it special that God cares about the little things in our lives such as a wish for snow?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...