Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I knelt down to pray..

"Dear Father in heaven..." and then I paused as I envisioned myself in the presence of God kneeling before His throne. Then as the realization struck me that hear I am, talking to God. One who has more power and more authority then the president or any earthy king. One who made the earth and One who holds the galaxy's. One who is all powerful and One who is so Holy. One who is so good and So true. I can't describe the sense of God's greatness and majesty that I felt right then. I was humbled, I was awed. A feeling of unworthiness and a sense of my smallness washed over me and then I thought "How can I pray?! How do I talk to God?" then I remembered God's love but it changed the way I thought to pray. It made me realize how reverent we must be when coming before the throne of God but it also made me realize how special we are. Maybe it would be special to you if you got to talk to a president or a mighty king but how special is it to be able to talk to God the sovereign of the universe! How special is it to know that He loves me and He loves you?

Oh! Your Majesty no words can describe
Your power, Your glory no man can know...

I am amazed. I am awed and I am thankful that God gave me a little sense of His greatness and Majesty last night.

“The LORD reigneth; let the people tremble: he sitteth between the cherubims; let the earth be moved. The LORD is great in Zion; and he is high above all the people. Let them praise thy great and terrible name; for it is holy... Exalt ye the LORD our God, and worship at his footstool; for he is holy.” (Psalms 99:1-3, 5 KJV)

1 comment:

  1. Mighty sweet thoughts that you shared there my dear~ Thank you~ You are a very precious daughter to our Heavenly Father~
    L;oves~
    tamela

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...