Thursday, April 23, 2009

What Are We Living For?

“She Lives to Travel” the title in the magazine caught my attention. Looking at the article I thought, What a sad thing to live for. What joy, peace or fulfillment is that going to bring? What sort of hope? This poor lady doesn't have much to live for and there isn't going to be any true joy or fulfillment in traveling the world. But the fact is, nothing is going to give peace and fulfillment unless you're living for Christ, living to love and living to serve. Why wouldn't we want to anyway? If it wasn't for Him we wouldn't exist! If it wasn't for the price He paid for us we would be eternally lost! Seeing His great love for us should make us want to live for Him, but sadly we often forget. He is the only reason we are here today and He is the only way to heaven and to eternity. We will only find peace and joy through Him and find the longing of our hearts fulfilled.



I am reminded of the song “A Chasing of the Wind”



Every heart is filled with longing to be free from all life’s pain

Yet the search through earthly pleasures always ends in vain

Only God who made the heavens can satisfy our souls



Chorus:

Apart from Him, and all His meaning

all things fail as they begin

And hearts deceived can only know a chasing of the wind



All achievements all possessions all with time return to dust

Only God can be our reason for deep and quiet trust

He will guard us from the dangers that gladly make men fools



Chorus:

Apart from Him, and all His meaning

all things fail as they begin

And hearts deceived can only know a chasing of the wind



Why do we live without Jesus?

Why do we waste another day?

He is the life that sustains us

the only hope for us today

So why do we live,

why do we live without Him?



~ Greg Nelson and Phill McHugh




What are we living for? Are we chasing the wind? The blessing and privilege that we have to serve a loving God, and to trust Him is priceless and that, I think is the greatest thing to live for--for God and then we won't have to chase the wind.



By those words “She lives to travel” the Lord gently reminded me what I was living for – living for Him, living to love and to serve. Oh, I pray that He will remind me who I'm living for before I do or say things. I pray He will remind me that I am living to love as He loves before I say an unkind word or do something to hurt someone. I pray He will remind me that I am living to serve before I complain or express a selfish action.



Father, please remind be because I know I need lots of them!



2 comments:

  1. That post my dear is Fantabulous~ I certainly have a need for praying that pray also~ It is great that you were encouraged to share that~

    Will you be singing that song for special music~

    Have a Blessed Day~
    L;oves~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, If I can find the music for it I will. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...