Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Reading and Writing


Have you ever thought about reading and writing? I have and I think it's one of the greatest blessings ever bestowed upon us! How much we would miss and how many blessings would pass us by if we didn't know how to read or write!

I met an older couple who hardly knew how to read. The husband I don't think knew how to read at all and the wife had trouble reading the simplest words. I felt sorry for them because I thought, "What a lot of blessings they are missing out on!" but I was also filled with gratitude that we have that blessing and I was filled with wonder all over again. It's just so amazing to me that all these shapes and lines can "speak" and well, I really can't explain myself well but I think it's awesome!

I think it's so neat how we can be miles apart and yet still be in contact in this way.

I love to read and write. When I can't seem to express myself in speaking I seem to be able to put my thoughts together so much better in writing.

Writing comes in handy when you need silent communication.

If you know how to read, you have a wealth of information available to you.

What would we do if we didn't know how to read or write? I don't know what I'd do! Anyway, I'm just so thankful today for one of the greatest blessings and(to me) that's being able to read and write. God is so good all the time! :-)

Keep pressing forward!

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm new to your blog so I thought I should comment. I have enjoyed looking around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth,

    Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. :-)

    God bless

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...