Tuesday, April 14, 2009

In God's Hands

The faith, courage, and strength we admire in those who fearlessly stood up for truth and for God in days gone by; the love, the joy, and the peace these men and women had when faced with dungeons, the cruelest torture, and death can sometimes make you wonder, Could I be so strong? Could I face the things they faced? In these days of uncertainty, as we look around us and behold things happening faster than we've ever seen them happen before, does your heart sometimes fail you with fear? Do you sometimes wonder, “What will I eat? What will I drink? How will I endure?”

When we give God our hearts; when we surrender our lives, our will, our all to Him; when we abide in the will of God and live up to all the light we have, we can be assured that all the promises in God's Word are for us.

But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD: he is their strength in the time of trouble. And the LORD shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.” “Bread shall be given him; his waters shall be sure.” “I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.” “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.” “The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.” (Psalms 37:39-40; Isaiah 33:16; Hebrews 13:5; Isaiah 41:10; Psalms 34:7)

There is told a story of a man who had a dream in which he was walking along the beach with the Lord. Scenes from his life flashed across the sky, and for each scene he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand. One belonged to him and the other to the Lord. As he looked back, he noticed that many times there was only one set of footprints, and he also noticed that they happened to be at the very lowest, saddest, and most troublesome times of his life. It bothered him, and he said to the Lord, “You promised that you would walk with me all the way. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me.” The Lord replied, “My precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you! During your times of trial and suffering when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.”

And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you (Isaiah 46:4).

In times of trial, in times of suffering, in times of weariness, in times of sadness, in times when your heart begins to tremble with fear, trust in the Lord. He will be with you. When it seems like it is too much for you to bear, He will carry you through. He will give you strength and courage. Remember that you are in the hands of God. He will hold you, protect you, and care for you. Though everyone may forsake you, He never will. Rest in the hands of God. And the only way to truly do that is to trust Him.

Psalms 91, Psalms 27, and many other passages contain beautiful promises. When I think of the troublesome times we are facing, sometimes it can be frightening. But then I think, As long as I am God's and I do His will, I'm in His hands and nothing can harm me. Nothing will happen to me that God does not allow and what He allows He will give me strength to endure. When I trust Him and trust my life and my all to Him, when I think of how much God loves me and how good He is, then what a sense of indescribable peace washes over me! Dear friend, will you trust God? Will you rest in His loving arms today and always?~



Safe in the arms of Jesus, Safe on His gentle breast;

There by His love o’ershaded, Sweetly my soul shall rest.

Hark! ’tis the voice of angels Borne in a song to me,

Over the fields of glory, Over the jasper sea.



Safe in the arms of Jesus, Safe on His gentle breast;

There by His love o’ershaded, Sweetly my soul shall rest.




Safe in the arms of Jesus, safe from corroding care,

Safe from the world’s temptations; sin cannot harm me there.

Free from the blight of sorrow, free from my doubts and fears;

Only a few more trials, only a few more tears!



Jesus, my heart’s dear refuge, Jesus has died for me;

Firm on the Rock of Ages ever my trust shall be.

Here let me wait with patience, wait till the night is o’er;

Wait till I see the morning break on the golden shore.

by Fanny Crosby



2 comments:

  1. I am so very grateful when I take a look back on things that have taken place in my life that I have been Safe in the arms of Jesus~
    Praises always~

    Blessings and L;oves~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO ENCOURAGING!!! You have no idea how much I needed this today! thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...